Post new Reply

Thank you for supporting SeaMonkey now in Toolbar Buttons extension.
If you have time, could you please look into the SeaMonkey part though. Buttons, which work in a compatible made version 0.6.0.8, seem to do no longer, even in version 1.0.2b1. I tried some image related and the CSS button. The Open Print Preview button from suite_browser.xul also doesn't work, while it would with the command from browser.xul. I could imagine, that the recent SeaMonkey versions are built with some more Firefox code and so let some of the special suite button code fail.
ReportQuote
I tried using the Firefox buttons code, changing just suite_browser.xul with browser.xul in chrome.manifest, and so any buttons work now, as

Toggle if Images Load...
Hide all images and backgrounds...
Close Open Tab or Window
Toggle the Main Toolbar

I'm sure, there would work some more with this code.
ReportQuote
There should be only two button that would differ in SeaMonkey, and that is Print Preview and Reload Skip Cache.
I have removed the extra Print Preview code, and will check the other one later. Will admit not being a SeaMonkey user so I have not tested it as well. I will go though all the buttons, starting with the ones you listed, as soon as I get a chance.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Windows 7 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.26.1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.2.0
Toolbar Buttons 1.0.1

In SeaMonkey, the Add-ons and Extensions buttons are non-functional.

In Thunderbird, those button are functional. However, the Extension button launches a window that exceeds the area of my monitor to the extent that I cannot close it except from the Windows taskbar; while I can see the Options, Disable, and Remove buttons for each Thunderbird extension, I cannot see the names of the extensions.

Edited by DERoss on Nov. 19, 2014, 12:55 p.m.
Reason: hit enter too soon

ReportQuote
You are right, it's mostly the same code. So I tried another way, to find out, why it wouldn't work as is, but worked with browser.xul
I inserted now the three <script> lines (don't know how it might be called) on top of browser.xul in suite_browser.xul, and the same buttons work as well.
So this might be the better way to fit your extension to SeaMonkey.
ReportQuote
WHAT?! I am really that stupid that I left that out? Where is that build script...

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
@MC
Turns out there was three or four lines wrong in the config that is passed to my build/package script. So that was an easy fix in the end :)

@DERoss
I don't get quite the same thing, but rather just the window that is full screen. I went and changed some of the code, and now I am getting a nicely centred window that is normal sized. Will be in the next update.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
When you have time:

The Toggle Styles button as is will not work in SeaMonkey, because SeaMonkey doesn't use gPageStyleMenu.

The same button from version 0.6.0.8 would still work.
ReportQuote
Copy, paste, done ;)

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Are you sure?
I get copy, paste, fail...
at least, if I just copy the xul code. Seems it's missing the right JS code from browser.js.
I should've written, it works, if version 0.6.0.8 is installed in SeaMonkey 2.30
ReportQuote
I copied the JS code, not the xul. Now it tries to use gPageStyleMenu, and if that fails (and it will if not defined) it falls back to the using the setStyleDisabled function, that 0.6.8.0 used.
I have not tested it yet, but I think I am safe with this one.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Nov. 20, 2014, 9:20 a.m.

ReportQuote
Thank you for 1.0.2, the CSS button also works :-)

But now again the Print Preview...:
Command must be "cmd_printpreview", not "cmd_printPreview", to get it working.
ReportQuote
I tried some more buttons.

Seems recent SeaMonkeys use an other command for Page Setup at least on Linux.
Yours cmd_pageSetup
working cmd_printSetup

Toggle Proxy works, but it doesn't toggle to Off (value 0), no matter which setting I use in Toolbar Buttons options. The best I coulde achieve is toggling between Manual and Use system proxy.
ReportQuote
Ok, patched the Page Setup button too. I do promise though I will go check them all myself when I have time.

The Toggle Proxy button has a bug. It toggles between the default and the selected option. The default used to be 0 is seems, but they changed that to 5 since I wrote the extension. Hence the problem. I will fix that now.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
If I am right, there are two new versions (1.0.3 and 1.0.4) in development. Can we get these as Toolbar Buttons extension for testing anywhere?
ReportQuote
1.0.3 was simply the version that I sent to my translators after adding a number of new strings. Unless you are a translator of the extension, you were never really going to see it. However 1.0.4a1 is around, you can get it from here nightly page

There is a change that I will enable soonish, the use of restartless installation, that I would love to get as many people to test as possible before the final release. It is a very complex change that will have to be well tested. The last bug I know of that needs to be fixed is that in SeaMonkey it makes the extension usable due to what I hope is just some small glitch. Once I have that out I would appreciate if you could test it.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Jan. 20, 2015, 5:56 p.m.

ReportQuote
Windows 7
SeaMonkey 2.26.1
Toolbar Buttons 1.02

The Configuration Manager button works okay for Thunderbird but is a null function for SeaMonkey.
ReportQuote
If by "configuration manger" you mean the "about:config" button, then at least in 1.0.4b1 it works find for me.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
QUOTE: *
If by "configuration manger" you mean the "about:config" button, then at least in 1.0.4b1 it works find for me.
The download links are broken, though.
ReportQuote
I know. I moved my code from svn to git, and also did some reorganising of it. This is one of the last things I still have to fix.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply