Post new Reply

First of all, thanks for adding all of these button, they are great. Maybe I am a complete moron, but I can get the 'Bookmarks' button to work. It shows all of my bookmarks, but when I click on them nothing happens. Is this because it is a "Bookmark Menu" button? I am running FF v 31.0 on Windows Vista.
ReportQuote
Hi. I am going to guess that it is because it is broken in the extension. I have not released an update for a long time (3 years!). Hopefully I will change that soon, I had not worked on any of my stuff much for the last three years, until a month ago. In the next few days I will do a total update of the website, and then fixes to stuff like this should start getting into the http://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker and maybe by the end of the month I will get a new release out.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Greetings~ Long time Custom/Toolbar Buttons user here --both with Firefox and Thunderbird. I'm grateful for the addons for both! Excited to hear you're working on an update! Two of my fav buttons, all time, are "Save without Save" and "Skip trash". ;-)
I realize Thunderbird probably isn't keeping up in popularity, but I can't imagine not having it to use day in and day out (boo webmail! haha).

Which lends to my wanting to ask you to recheck another of these buttons --"Send a message without Saving a copy"-- for working compatibility/properly, as part of your upgrade? I can't get it to work now --noting, I am using Earlybird (see versions tested at end tho), which reports incompatibility, but which up until just not too far back, the buttons I've been using worked fine regardless.
My mom also uses Toolbar Buttons but with the latest version of Thunderbird and likes the Send Without Saving button as well. But it's no longer working for her either.

What clicking the button now does is, untick the "Place a copy in:" option in the Account Settings (i.e. permanently), which sets all sends to not "save a copy to Sent folder".

Thanks & much appreciation~
ReportQuote
Ok, go download a fresh copy and try again ;) Should be working now.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Oct. 23, 2014, 11:33 a.m.

ReportQuote
Ok, first, I'm assuming the re-download means from your website (and not Moz)--having done that, it's still not working with Earlybird (I don't have access to the computer with Thunderbird on it presently). Two things being: 1. it is still simply turning the Acct Setting off, and 2. it takes two clicks to get it to do anything.
I also tried uninstalling the Toolbar Buttons addon prior to a reinstall.

Something I noticed while testing is that either Earlybird now includes a Save Without Send button, or another addon I have installed includes one?. I noticed the second button, which is black/grey (no color) and when I tested it, it does work as expected: it doesn't place a copy in the Sent folder and it doesn't untick the option in the Acct Settings. Which is nifty enough, but i deff like your icons way better (colors = yay! lol! that brief test where I had uninstalled TbB resulting in having all your buttons missing, had me looking for a frowny face emotie! haha)

Hope this helps~& thanks again
ReportQuote
I was assuming since you mentioned you use custom buttons that you would download it from there. It is also the only place were you can get version 1.0.1b3. Did you, or did you download it from else where.

The button is supposed to turn that setting of momentarily while sending the email, but the bug is that it is not resetting it (among other things). At the time that was the only way I could see to implement this. Maybe I should check that again.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
You mentioned you used custom buttons, so I assumed that is where you had downloaded it from. That is where I put the updated code. It is much easier them doing a proper release. Is that where you downloaded it from? Or did you download it again from somewhere else?

The button is supposed to change that setting temporary. It was the only way I could find to implement this functionality. It is supposed to them reset it back to what it was.

/images/paypal.png

Edited by Michael on Oct. 23, 2014, 11:33 a.m.

ReportQuote
Michael, my bad for throwing you a bit of a curve ball with the "Custom/Toolbar" bit. I changed from Custom awhile back, mostly because of how the addons auto update, but also because i since generally came to like all of your work/buttons as options at hand anyway.

I updated last from your website, but used the Toolbar Buttons page for that, reasoning that since we're in the Toolbar Buttons forum, that's where you'd likely update etc. As Maxwell Smart was want to say: "Missed it by that much, chief." ;)
Before i switch back to Custom to get the fix, didn't i read where you're working on an overall update? And if so, any idea on how close that is to being available? If it's anywhere close to being up, i can certainly wait for that, rather than your having to spend any more time on getting this one button up? That was my general thought in bringing this one up here, i.e. that while you were tweaking, you were aware of it/could check it specifically. :) #appreciation~
ReportQuote
The Custom Buttons should now also auto update, though I will admit that was broken last year (not that there were any updates anyway).

The Custom Button Maker runs directly of the source code repository. As soon commit the code it is available. This makes it very easy for me, because I can offer updates without having to go to the effort of package things up and releasing it.

As the general update, that is more effort. I that means getting it thought Mozilla approval etc.
Right now I have finished all the code updates, unless someone comes along with a bug report like you have. Right now I am waiting for the translations to be finished, and while that is happening I an slowly working on touching up the 24x24 icons, so they look a bit clearer.
Since getting translations organised depends on others, I don't really have a fixed date that I will have it out.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
"Send without save" (custom 1.0.4b1) does not work anymore in TB 31.3.0.
It was working before that :-(
ReportQuote
Adding to my note: The full ToolBar Buttons 1.0.2 works OK
ReportQuote
I missed this post :(
I looked at the code, looks like a simple id10t in a change I made.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Post new Reply