Thread Closed

I just recently installed toolbar buttons. You know how it goes, sometimes you try everything new, and sometimes you stick with what you know. I had been sticking with MenuX, which had many similar functions as toolbar buttons. The update to FF 2.0 was slow, however, and I don't think that it will be updated to 3.0. I just made the switch, and so I installed Toolbar buttons. I love it, it makes like easier.

There are three things, however (you knew that was coming) that I miss from MenuX. (BTW, the list of MenuX functions is at http://markbokil.org/index.php?section=mozilla&content=c_menux_documentation.php)

One is "chromeless" mode, which leaves all the toolbars, the status bar, and the bookmark toolbar, but hides the blue title bar. (You can do most of this with Toolbar buttons, but I haven't found how to keep the Bookmark Toolbar.)

Another is that the "Undo close tab" is configurable, so that one can get back the third last tab closed, or whatever.

The third is that there is a button for the Firefox menu. This is like TidyMenu (except with an icon.) I believe there is another extension that does this, but just a suggestion.

There are a couple other neat ones, like a button that toggles all toolbars, but most of that is covered in Toolbar Buttons.

Anyway just some ideas. I love your extension, and am glad that there are people like you that make these things that make life easier for people like me (untalented and lazy <g>) Thanks again.

tgt
ReportQuote
That was me (got impatient waiting for email, and apparently double posted, sorry)

I actually forgot a big one. MenuX had a search button that popped up a search dialogue box. Type and hit enter. No waiting for a web site, no search bar on the toolbar, and no more clicks than if there were a search bar. Loved it. Sorry for being so demanding.
ReportQuote
I thought I replied to this, better late then never. I been told a number of times by users that they used MenuX and then came my my extension and linked it better. I really should add all the features from it to mine. Just need to find the time to do it.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I agree that there is much more in Toolbar Buttons. I had just installed it when I made the post, and am now more familiar with it. It is in many ways superior. Now that I'm more familiar with it, my suggestions are less prejudiced <g>
I do miss the chromeless mode, which basically just adds the ability to have the bookmark toolbar show in full-screen mode, as you can already do that with the other toolbars.

I also liked the quick search dialogue. It is no different in practice than clicking on a search bar, but the search bar just doesn't exist until you click. (buttonized?)

I have also had an issue occasionally with buttons in your extension not working. The search button and the show toolbar button have both been guilty. This is erratic,and probably due to my 50 odd extensions, some of which are forced compatible.

Thanks again for making such a great extension.

tgt
ReportQuote
There are a number of bugs around the toolbar stuff, in the mozilla code. I had problems getting it to work nicely without up setting the normal equilibrium. It is particularly bad with the custom toolbar stuff.

Back in the Firefox 1.5 days I think there was a dialog that opened for web search. But I know there has been a push to remove as many dialogs as possible since then. I could make the button configurable so it could open the window instead, as right now is it kind of useless if you have the search box on your toolbar.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote

Thread Closed