Post new Reply

You can of course just create new button and ignore the defaults, though yes that is not optimal and there is the problem that you can't create custom buttons that do lists/text size/color easily.

To create a more flexible system like you hint at I would have to drop most my code and start again. I don't really know where to point my compass right now, still thinking about it.

Do you mean the save button in the composer? It is internal, so if you click save it should then appear in the open menu. If you want to save it to a text file, try the import/export buttons.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
It would be great if you could use more than one {content} tag in the HTML part of the custom code builder. I'm looking to create a button that allows me to select some text and turn it into a link to search for that term, so I need {content} in both the code part of the generated URL and the text part.

Great extension btw. Use it every day and it's a huge timesaver!

Neil
ReportQuote
That would be an easy change, I will get it fixed for the next release.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
is there a version working with FF 3.1 Beta 2 ????
ReportQuote
Not officially. Try disabling compatibility checking. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions.checkCompatibility

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I would lie to ask if you could add Orkut formatting tags for the extension. These tags are a simplified version of BBCode, so there should not be a big problem at all.

Also, I noticed that when you insert a tag, the selected text remains highlighted, PLUS the tags too. If you could make it to only the text being selected after the tag inserting, it would be great! :D
ReportQuote
I believe the toolbar has custom tag button in it
don't have it installed in this profile so no picture (don't use the default pic)
ReportQuote
For those where it is not the same, it is possible to add extra buttons into the extension. There is some info on it at http://codefisher.org/format_toolbar/custom_buttons

As to the second question, I will get around to fixing things like that in some future release.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Thanks, I added the extra tags after fiddling a bit with the buttons.
ReportQuote
A new feature I would love to see in Text Formatting Toolbar would be the ability to change the case of selected text... UPPERCASE, lowercase, Sentence case, Title Case.

That would be a wonderful addition and a huge timesaver.

Thanks!
ReportQuote
I don't think I want to add that.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
I love the format toolbar composer and have a wish for coming versions.
It would be nice, to use it with keyboardshortcutsm maybe ctrl+B for Bold or ctrl+q for Quote, etc.
Also an option to ceep the tool in front during I'm reading and answering a posting in the mainwindow would be great.

Best regards, Simon
ReportQuote
I had added them at one point in the past, just it has been brought to my attention that they are not currently working. Not sure why yet. Also they were not very good, as I had to ovoid conflicts with the default ones.

I don't think there is a way of forcing windows to remain in front in extensions. So I can't do that. I would like at some stage to make some rather large changes to the extension that would make that unnecessary.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Love this add-on. Any chance we'll see it on Chrome?
ReportQuote
Very very unlikely. I don't have the time or inclination (I don't use Chrome). Also Chrome extensions look extremely limited in what they can do.

From what I can see your not going to see the rich and powerful set of extensions that exist for Firefox in Chrome. In Firefox they are first class citizens, in Chrome they look like an after thought.

Compare these two lists of interfaces you can use to access the browser's internals.
Chrome http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/api_index.html
Firefox http://www.oxymoronical.com/experiments/apidocs/

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hey dude, we're LessOne and Hasielito_XD from WindowsWolf.com. We want to translate this extension to spanish. Can we do it? Can you give us the source code?
ReportQuote
Hi, it's me again. I can see that the add-on is translated already. But we want to do some modifications. Do you give us your permission?. We want to customize it and make it fireofx last version compatible.
ReportQuote
Yes sure, you can customize it, just if you try and redistribute it I would expect full credit and a link to the extension's home page. I would also be interested to know what your modification would be?

I will hopefully be doing my own update of the extension soon.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
im just want to change the first icon and remove some botons. It turns that i dont know how to do it hahahaha. Can you please help me by telling me how to translate it to spanish. I found the locale files but how they work? and how I can remove buttons?
ReportQuote
Ohh and dont worry about the credits, we just want to give our users a better experienci while they're posting.
ReportQuote

Post new Reply