Post new Reply

Got something you would like to see in the Text Formatting Toolbar? Please post it here.

EDIT:
I have just put up a new version of this extension, a few things I would like feed back on are.

Should the extension include a simile drop-down menu? If so what should it put in for HTML and Wiki formats? Images or just the code? Or should there be an option to contol this?

Is anyone having problems this buttons working differently across various forums because they handle the code differently?

The current hot keys for the buttons all use ctrl+alt+
Bold: b
Italics: i
Underline: u
Strike: s
Quote: q
Ordered List: n
Unordered List: r
Text Color: c
Code: d
Link: l
Image: m
Email: e
Sub-script: t
Super-script: p
Text Size: z

Can these be improved and if so to what?

Posts to action upon:
http://codefisher.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3315#p3315

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hi, I like the idea of the formatting toolbar. Of course, number one, I'd like to see rich text implementation, but I understand that's a big job.

What would help now would be a toolbar icon, or hotkey, to toggle the formatting toolbar on and off.

Thanks for all your good work.
p.
ReportQuote
Rich text editing is definitely on my hit list, but it is a large task. The problem would be creating something to parse the BBCode/Wiki code into HTML than back again.

As to your other request, that is in the beta http://codefisher.org/beta/ so if you want to try that it will be there. The beta needs some work yet before it is releasable, but it works ok.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
First, let me say this a great extension. :)
Second, a couple of things I'd like to see in a future version perhaps .....

1. The ability to move the toolbar ..... I'd much rather have it below the tab bar which is on the bottom for me.

2. The ability to click on the list buttons and have what's on the clipboard automatically inserted in the tags.

I was about to add an 'alphabetic list button' but just realized I can create my own, right?

:D
ReportQuote
I almost added a feature to put the toolbar down the bottom of the window, but I ran out of time before I wanted to release it. So it was pushed back to the next release (when ever that may be).

You could not do an alphabetic list using the interface for custom buttons. Also because most of the formats don't really support that well it might be hard for me to do it. This forum does not support lists at all besides manually putting the numbers in like you did in your last post.

Not exactly sure about using clipboard content, how would you indicate that you want to use what is in the clipboard?

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Knowing nothing about coding I haven't a clue but I was thinking something along the lines of what this extension does:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/491

It's a bit cumbersome with that extension and I'd rather just have a toolbar button I could click to put my clipboard contents into a list.
:)
ReportQuote
Ok I will have a look into that extension when I have time. I try to streamline everything as much as possible, I would hate to make the extension cumbersome by over complicating it. It is supposed to make writing posts faster not slower.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Understandable. No worries if you'd rather not. :D
ReportQuote
For BBCode, I would like to see options on the Image button
now it adds , imgw and would be cool.
ReportQuote
Create your own button for now (you will need the latest version from my site as addons.mozilla.org is taking for ever to accept the update) it is fairly simple. But I should add an option to configure this.

http://codefisher.org/format_toolbar/custom_buttons

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hey mate :)
I have one idea, and a follow on from above.

Firstly, my first wish is an option to "bolt" the bar into a specific textbox. Keep message and formatting in the same place.

Secondly, in regards to WYSIWYG editing. I suspect it may be possible in a different way. Perhaps the use of a nice simple javascript editor .. nicedit or tinymce .. that sort of thing. Would it be viable to incorporate that into the addon, and then place it as a client based overlay. It's output would need to be in bbcode, but that's quite doable. Worthy?

In any case, great work.
ReportQuote
I don't think "bolting" the toolbar to a text box would really work very well. Though it would be extremely easy to hack the extension to make that happen.

I will be doing the WYSIWYG editor in JavaScript. But I doubt that nicedit or tinymce support Wiki code and BBcode at the same time along with being easy to extended (the custom buttons). So I will write my own, it should not be too hard.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Could an XHTML-valid option be added? Currently, the HTML IMG tag outputs in HTML 4-valid form, where XHTML needs the / at before > to properly close it.

I'd imagine this would be an easy option to add in.
ReportQuote
I will think about it. But the forums/blogs should look after that. Most people don't understand the differences between XHTML and HTML. A system that allows user input should not depend on getting valid XHTML.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
QUOTE:
I will think about it. But the forums/blogs should look after that. Most people don't understand the differences between XHTML and HTML. A system that allows user input should not depend on getting valid XHTML.

But for somebody who intentionally set their blog/website up so that they can input raw code directly, and want their website to be valid XHTML, this issue can affect them.

I realize the case I've described is most likely a rarer one but there are some. (I dare say hand-typing some frequent but verbose HTML code gets cumbersome after a while...) I would suppose that adding one option to toggle it and modifying the corresponding button outputs isn't too difficult to implement.

Edited by Michael on Dec. 20, 2014, 10:35 a.m.

ReportQuote
TFT 0.1.4.9 can't create links out of already selected words, whether it's internal or external. Creating new links (and writing the link name) works fine, though.

Using Firefox 3.0.1.
ReportQuote
Ok I will have a look into adding that in, I am presuming your talking about the wiki format.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
ReportQuote
Yep that is on my todo list.

/images/paypal.png
ReportQuote
Hello.

I manually edited the patterns, and it was not as easy as i would have though.

I think it would be good if you could add this to the custom tags editor.
For example, creating new patterns (Ie joomla tags, drupal code etc).

That way you would not have to spend so much time on creating buttons/patterns
and just have the users contribute xml files to import.

By the way, cannot get the save button to work.
Nothing happens.
I am on OS X 10.5.5, Firefox 3.0.4.

Thank you for a great extension by the way, i can see that you have spent a lot of time working on it. I will gladly donate when i can afford it (almost broke at the moment).

Kindest Regards, Thomas.
ReportQuote

Post new Reply