Format: BBcode. Images: yes. Smilies yes.
Show smilies as icons for this post.

Recient Posts

QUOTE: *
I think I have spotted the mistake. If you still experience problems after the update which I hope to do soon, let me know.

ref: version 1.6 Oct 12th update, i'm still seeing a broad listing if i type my normal typing speed/wpm; if i do a closer to hunt-&-peck speed, the search will be specific/narrowed. (no biggie, as i can indeed slow down ;-)
@David. There are some difficulties in doing this, but I am looking at possible workarounds.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
feature request:

Would it be possible to incorporate the rt-click "Copy" function for search results, where it copies the bookmark url to the clipboard? Thanks.
I think I have spotted the mistake. If you still experience problems after the update which I hope to do soon, let me know.

Have I helped you? Do you like my add-ons?
Would you consider donating to show your appreciation for my efforts?

/images/paypal.png
ref: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/search-bookmarks-button/?src=cb-dl-updated

Should the button search mirror the same results as a search using the Library panel (ctrl+shift+b) search feature?

i am most often getting way-way more results with the button search than with the Library> Bookmarks search.

e.g a bookmark search for "geek" in the Library search nets 3 hits from my bookmarks; a search for "geek" in the Search Bookmarks Button typically nets a hundred+ hits!

My hunch is that something in the auto-search aspect is askew i.e. triggering too quickly, to inconsistently? Now and again i can get the Button to give closer results to the Library one via typing. However when i've done a copy>paste the results matched every time.

After typing in "geek" for example, one of the first hits i get among the long list is a bookmark with "Getting Started" in it ("ge"). In the Library search, as i type in g + e i also get the "Getting Started" entry but as soon as i add the second e, that entry (and a bunch of similar ones) automatically disappears leaving ones with "geek" in the name remaining. It does this consistently. Not so every time/consistently with the Button search. It appears with the button, if you type slowly enough ("hunt & peck" speed) it typically does restrict per character. Again speed not ever being a factor with the Library approach for me.

Thanks.