Due to the abuse of the site by spammers, I was forced to take it offline, so for now the extension does not work. I am considering where to go next with this extension/service.
Xrl.in - Tiny URLs
Xrl.in is a free service that will transform any link no matter how long into one that is short and easily manageable. Short enough to ovoid the age old problem of links breaking in emails.
Xrl.in Tiny Links places a button in URL box near the go button. This button when clicked changes the URL to the tiny xrl.in version, and by default copies this to the clipboard for easy pasteing. Tiny Links also has the ability to transform in page links by right clicking them and selecting Copy Tiny Link. It can also turn all your tabs into a Link Group.
The extension also overrides Send Link, though this can be turned off via the extension's options window.
- The button's menu is gone, as it was decided it was annoying.
- Link Groups are now supported.
- Button icon is now animated when the extension is busy.
- New locales, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Polish and Serbian thanks to HorstS, Goofy, l0stintranslation, drry, Leszek (teo) Życzkowski, DakSrbija from Babelzilla
- Added an options window.
- Added a "copy tiny link" to the menu that comes up if a web page is clicked.
- It now overrides the default send link functions with its own (can be turned off in the options window).
- Updated to work in Firefox 3.
- Original extension supporting basic functionality.